Thursday, July 17, 2008

The first time we met...

Do you remember the first time that you laid eyes on your new born baby or newly adopted child. Each one of these moments are vivid in my mind. I remember thinking when I held my new born children for the first time - "How can something amazing this come from me?"

When we adopted our two boys (at seperate times) waiting for them to bring Draysen to us. When we went to meet Devin for the first time they took us into a room of several little children, as I scanned each child to locate our Devin.

These memories make my worries go away and prepare me for the next step in our lives.

Another truly amazing thing is when my children are asleep:) Of course it is nice and quite around our house at that time and that is the only time it is quiet. But, sometime in the middle of the night Draysen decided to come sleep on our floor in our room. Mr. NWA gets up way early in the morning to go to work so when he left he laid Draysen beside me in bed. It is so amazing to see them sleep and it reminds me how truly blessed I am.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Hi, You left a comment on my blog about my fundraiser. If you want to email me I can tell you all about it. amymoverman@yahoo.com. Amy

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Thank you for stopping by one of my blogs (Little Bits of Lindy). I wish you all the best as you strive to bring home your next child.

Many blessings,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Nothing is more precious. Nothing.

steffany said...

what a great reminder

Alison said...

Thanks for the comment on my page! Your family is beautiful!! I am excited to keep up with your family's journey through parenthood!!

Laura Lu said...

These moments are so incredible! Truly a blessing from the Lord!

Tereasa said...

I remember and I look forward to that moment again.